Sunday 9 May 2010

Everybody picks their nose - a blog about 'truth'...

I am not even sure what a blog is to be honest. What I do know is that I have been meaning to write a book for my whole adult life. Many books in fact, but the words have evaded me... Or should I say, rather, "I have evaded them."?
I have told many people about my book. Even mentioned the title which I believe to be the most grabbing title I have ever heard of. Most people smile politely. The kind of smile that tells you that though they believe you have the best intentions, the book will never be. If I am true, whenever I tell anyone about my book, I say it with a slightly insincere heart. Like the people listening to me, I do not really believe that my book will ever find its way onto the trains and busses that glide in and out of the crevices of the space formerly known as the concrete jungle.
This reminds me of a speak that our beloved Nelson Mandela made at his Inauguration Speech in 1994.
" deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness, that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, and fabulous? Actually, who are you not to be? You are a child of God. Your playing small doesn’t serve the world. There’s nothing enlightened about shrinking so that other people won’t feel insecure around you. We are all meant to shine, as children do. We are born to make manifest the glory of God that is within us. It’s not just in some of us, it’s in everyone. And as we let our own light shine, we unconsciously give other people permission to do the same. As we are liberated from our own fear, our presence automatically liberates others."
These incredible words were originally married together by a somebody called Marianne Williamson, a very wise somebody indeed.
Why is it that we spend a lot of our lives hiding in the shadows? Scared that if we are nice to ourselves, that we would be perceived to be arrogant or conceited? I have played with this question throughout my life, but like the words of my book, the answers to this question avoid me also.
So, with hypothetical bungy rope, I spring back to the start of this blog - its title, "Everybody picks their nose. A blog about 'truth'." Oscar Wilde once wrote that it took an entire morning to put a comma into a sentence and the rest of the day to take it out again. (I do hope that these were Wilde's words. I cannot remember exactly, but right now i feel too lazy to Google it.) I am sure that the title of this blog will change slightly from time to time. Be that as it may, its essence will remain. To investigate the concept of 'truth' and to expose things that we all believe to be shameful, as completely normal. Every person does indeed, pick his or her nose. Isn't it interesting that there are very few people who do not react when they see someone else pick their nose.
o n s e k a y a
"Our home, our world, our universe..."

Location:Here, there and every where else...

No comments:

Post a Comment